Experienced With All Family Law Matters
At the Atlanta, Georgia, law practice of Jody A. Miller, Esq. Attorney At Law, we handle the following types of family law matters:
- Divorce, including the related areas of child custody, equitable distribution of property and debt, alimony and child support, and paternity
- Post-divorce issues such as modifications to child support, alimony, custody and visitation
- Enforcement actions for child support, custody and child visitation, division of property and debt, and any other aspect of a divorce decree that has been violated
- Adoption of a child
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Paternity actions and related matters of child support and visitation
- Changing a legal name
- Family and domestic violence
- Parental rights
- Protection orders
- Common law marriage (which were valid in Georgia before 1996)
Why You Need A Family Law Attorney
There are many reasons to seek the advice of an experienced family law attorney. An attorney will inform you of your rights and responsibilities and provide you with an array of legal options and the steps you can take to prepare yourself for a divorce, a prenuptial agreement or other domestic issue. Just a few of the reasons to contact a family law attorney are:
- The law is constantly changing and you need a professional who can advise you on the current state of the law.
- Judges have a lot of discretion in family law cases; an attorney is more informed of the strategies and information that help persuade a judge to rule in your favor.
- There are often “exceptions to the rules” and you need an experienced family law attorney to guide you through the process.
Knowledge is power, and if you have a grasp of both the practical and legal aspects of your situation, you can make confident and informed decisions on these important matters.
At the law firm of Jody A. Miller, we provide competent, dedicated and compassionate representation on any family law matter in an atmosphere of service dedicated to the client.